Thursday, July 3, 2008

Miracle in Motion!

I woke up this morning, scared to check one of the blogs of my Internet friends who I have spent time chatting with at Cysticfibrosis.com. Gina a.k.a. Pepe has been very sick for a long time, with frequent absences from the nightly chat room brought by needing the vent again, or simply needing all of her energy just to breathe. I don't even know how long she's been in the hospital, but I know that she's been in for a very long time, waiting for a transplant, hearing the transplant may not be an option, and fighting just to live. All the while she maintained a wonderful spirit that I loved in the chat room.

Yesterday, my heart broke as I read the latest entry. I prayed for one more chance, for Gina to step past death one last time. I never imagined that THE CALL would come, that that is the first news that greeted me this morning. God came through greater than my biggest prayers. She still has a long road. Surgery is not even done, and her life hangs by a thread, in the hands of the surgeon's, guided by God.

No comments: