Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Enchiladas

Being a CF girl, I spend a lot of time in the kitchen... being creative, I like to throw things together... this is probably the best invention I've done so far!

Enchiladas a la Daydee :)

4 chicken breasts
2 large cans enchilada sauce
2 small cans "mexican salsa" or pico de gallo, or diced fresh tomatoes, onion, pepper
1 packet enchilada spices
1 large tub sour cream
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup milk

Boil chicken breasts in water until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.

While chicken is cooling, heat the enchilada sauce, spices, milk, and salsa in a large pot. Heat over medium heat, but don't let it boil hard.

When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred into bite sized pieces.

Add chicken and sour cream to sauce. If difficult to stir, add more milk. Bring to a simmer on low to medium low heat. It's ready to eat at this point, but gets better as it simmers.

I eat over rice, but others use chips to dip into it, plain, or with tortilla shells.

3 comments:

Mama Grizzly said...

YUMMMY!!! I'll have to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Froggymama said...

Yum, I made something like this a couple weeks ago. I always make super high-fat dinners that my toddler with CF decides is not worthy, so I gain 10 pounds, while she dines on snacks. :(

Dragonfly said...

Yummy!!! I need the heart friendly instead of the lung friendly version but will definitely try it!