Monday, February 4, 2008

Book Meme

From time to time I like to do these... they may not be about CF, but if everything were then I wouldn't be very healthy mentally or emotionally, now would I?

My Dear Sarah for this and since no one ever tags me here I go!

1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people. (I did this in my Live Journal).


The helpfulness that I felt all spring did not go away, but at least I had begun to combat it. My 8:00 A.M. English class met four times a week and remained the only class with which I could keep pace. Other classes depended too much on the work of the past ten weeks; I had to drop photography and Russian history.

From "The Stones Applaud" by Teresa Anne Mullin - a book about CF. Honestly not my favorite. She often seems bitter in it about many situations, rather it be things that were unknown at the time like mist tents and putting CFers in the same room is a bad thing, or injustices that she faced at school because of CF. While she does provide a view of CF in the 80's... I often felt like I was reading her bitterness, not the triumphs that she had.

So not my favorite book... but I usually try to read all that I can about CF, even the sad heartbreaking stuff, so I read it. I own it since I like buying books. May read it again, may not, which is huge statement from me because I usually will read a book repeatedly... I'd say 90% of the books on my shelf I've read at least 4 times.

Also, I would love book recommendations. After so many years of my life focused on becoming a teacher, I've fallen out of touch with good adult books. I have recently read P.S. I Love You which I really enjoyed and now I need something new :)

No comments: