Monday, April 21, 2008

Things You May or May Not Know About Talana

* Corn on the cob makes me violently sick, really fast, but I can eat any corn byproduct such as corn tortillas or chips, with popcorn being one of my favorite foods.


*I've never lived more than 5 miles away from the Willamette River, even though I have lived in multiple towns. The only time away from the river was when I spent my summers in Maine and California. In Maine I was told that I was pronouncing the name of the river wrong, even though she had never been there. It's Will-am-it people, not Will-a-met-tee or Will-a-met!

*I can bend my extra long fingers backwards 90 degrees, cross my pinkie toe over my 4th toe without touching it, as well as my big toe over my second toe. I often find myself picking up things off the floor with my toes.

*Every time I get a comment on this site, it makes me very happy, and sometimes I squeal like a little school girl.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you squealing now? :)

I gotta say, the Willamette River thing makes me think of a saying around here- you know native Massachusetts and Rhode Island residents if they know how to pronounce Glocester (it's Glos-ter), and know enough to be jealous of Foster Glocester on snow days (any time it snows, those two are announced back to back, and always always have the day off.

Anonymous said...

Hi Talana. My name is Pam and I live in British Columbia. I came across your site when reading the most recent comments on Nate's site. I love the video where you played Forrest Gump Suite~ I watched the whole video~ you were terrific! I also enjoyed reading the beautiful story about how you met your husband.

I have no connection with CF, but came across Nate's site many months ago, as it was linked to a friend of mine. Now I check in on Tricia, Gwyneth and Nate a few times each day. If it's okay with you, I'll check in again to say hi.

Froggymama said...

My toes are super long (my sister calls them finger feet) and I can pick up laundry off the floor and throw it in the hamper. It's not cute, but it's practical. :)

Beverly said...

You make me laugh. It's good to see you posting again.