Friday, February 20, 2009

2 weeks ago she died....

1 week ago I was at her service, so many miles from home...

And today, I had my worst lung function tests, I think ever. FEV1 of 32% I think. Ugh. My CF team is not worried yet, as I look good, and I feel good, and I am having a definite flare in my sinuses that may be compromising my lungs. Also given the tests were the first thing in the morning, when I always have trouble. So since I still feel good, we are trying 2 weeks of Cipro and a month of Septra, both oral antibiotics. Hopefully in a week I won't be coughing as much. I am also being referred to have a sleep study as I think I may be dropping my oxygen saturation at night. I am always sore and achy, I have some headaches, some blue fingertips, and it just makes me wonder.

I know, not a good update. But really, the facts sound harsher than the reality. I still don't feel bad. I was able to play with my "nephews" in Portland, the lovely sons of my long time BFF (one of two) Jenn, lug my luggage up the flight of stairs and back down, drive myself to clinic, and not feel terrible doing it. I am sore now, but that is becoming more the norm that I just deal with until we can find the root of it. I am so thankful that my life is in a good place right now. That I have so much love and support around me, and that I feel good to enjoy what I have.

3 comments:

Jen said...

thank you again for entertaining boogermonkey this morning (and reading to him last night), he had so much fun with you!

::smooches::

and next time: YOUR PREZZIE, DAMMIT!

Piper said...

Yuck on the nasty clinic visit, but hopefully the orals do the trick and you can kick this without any IVs or lockup visits. And hopefully the O2 study goes well...you can come join the cool kids in the O2 club ;) I'm sure your kitties will appreciate having the extra tubing around to play with!

Still thinking of you and sending peaceful vibes your way.

Lisa said...

Sorry you are feeling crappy--I hope that the abx help and you are feeling better soon!