Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How you can help

I've had a lot of people ask me how they can help after the passing of Jenn, either with donations of monetary or fiber. I do have a project that I am dreaming up, but I first am going to get permission from her family that they are willing to let her memory be used to support other CFers.

There are two ways to do a monetary donation. I am aware of a large donation already going to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in Jenn's name. If you choose this option, her full name was Jennifer Walsh, and the family should be made aware of this donation, even without her address (which I do not feel comfortable posting). Her local chapter was the Massachusetts/Rhode Island Chapter.

You can also donate through my walk for CF, this May in Eugene, Oregon. I'm walking in honor of Jenn this year, and you can find my page over here.

Again, I am in the process of creating a way for knitters to help, a charity knit or crochet that will be a way to reach out to CFers, something that Jenn strived for.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I think your project is very cool. Its a very creative way to reach out to other CFers. I know jenn is so honored to see you do this project in memory of her!!

You Rock Talana :)

Amy said...

Sweet!!! Hopefully by the time you get the project going I will know what I am doing as far as crocheting. I had an idea like that as well so this is fabulous news :)

Can't wait to hear more!!!!