Saturday, January 19, 2008

Day One



So last night... I drank the last pepsi in the house.



So I'm quitting a several year addiction. As much as Pepsi was not good for my pancreas, for my teeth... they try to pack as many calories on to us CF kids as possible. Now I get to find them in other places.

I have a rip-roaring headache today. I know some if it is my sinuses acting up... another CF related issue. I'll be going for a consult with my sinus doctor and probably setting up surgery on the 30th. I also get to see the CF doctors on that day. Combining both days into one as it is a two hour drive up to Portland, the closest CF center.

Thanks for all the visitors. It excites me to watch the little dots appear on my map. I've always been fascinated by geography and places. I spend a lot of time looking at maps. Have since I was little, so watching the dots appear makes that side of me happy. It also gives me a feeling of support.

May post again later tonight... probably another chapter in my history.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I always used to stop at a deli on my way to school in the mornings and get a diet Pepsi. I'd sip it during the mornings.

One day the machine was out, and I didn't get my fix. I thought I was going to pass out during the day.

It's hard to give things up, but it's good that you recognize the need to, and you will survive.