Friday, January 18, 2008

My Contract With My Readers

So tonight I was thinking about where I want to take this blog... its purpose. I've known from a young age that one of my most powerful tools in combating CF was to share my story. I've found amazing support, generosity, friendship, and love in doing so. This blog is going to be my mouthpiece... a window on the world of cystic fibrosis. I'm at a point in my life where I am teetering on falling into increased sickness, and I want to take as many people down that rabbit hole with me. I've had incredible experiences in my life... many of them directly due to my CF. I will share the past here. Let the world know that CF kids can grow up strong and happy, go to college, live out their dreams. Let the world know that we are still dying, that far too many dreams are cut short, that life is full of pain as well as joy.
I want to share this all. And I want to share it with as many people as possible. Please link me, please comment (Thank you Meredith, my first comment. Your prayers are appreciated). As a teacher I know that the world is changed one person, one lesson, one iota at a time. This is the first drop.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Let's just keep your blog comments full for the day shall we! Good to see God doing so many wonderful amazing things in Tricia's and Nate's family and I KNOW God is no respecter of persons and so what he does for them he can and WILL do for you! I will be sharing your story with my bible study group next week so just know there will be a whole slew of ladies praying for you and for you perfect healing.

"The mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed: But God's kindness shall not depart from me, neither shall the covenant of his peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on me". Isaiah 54:10

By the way, what state do you live in, just curious!

Have a glorious day and be blessed! Meredith/Orlando FL

Beverly said...

I read your comment over at Nate's blog. My little granddaughter, who is 17 months old, was diagnosed through newborn screening.

I will follow your progress and keep you in my prayers.

I live in Florida. Ella is in VA. You can see her picture on my blog.

Carla said...

Wow. You and I have pretty much the same idea for our blogs :-) I'm always amazed how similar CFers are... even though we all have different environments and different situations, our views on life are usually quite similar.

Cara said...

Thanks so much for blogging and for spreading CF awareness! I'm 26 w/ CF and love "meeting" other Cfers. :)