Friday, January 18, 2008

The day the Pepsi died

Well....

I'm not "diabetic". My fasting blood sugar is normal. However my 2 hour level after the sugar drink is high... meaning I'm "glucose intolerant". One step away from diabetic. Basically my pancreas is lazy. It will process sugar, but I stay at a high level for awhile, putting a lot of strain on my body. So I get to cut out my love... Pepsi. I can switch to diet, but ooooo my Pepsi. While I don't have to switch to a full diabetic diet, I do have to be more careful. May start monitoring my sugars as well... the doctor team is going to talk that over. It probably has a lot to explain for why I have had such trouble gaining weight.

I'm just mad right now.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Sorry to hear that! You'll get through it though, the cravings that is. Have you ever tried hot tea? I know it's not Pepsi, but hot herbal tea can be really good for your body overall. FYI: Teavana Tea Co online has some great teas. Have a GREAT weekend and we'll be praying, praying, praying............ Be blessed, Meredith/Orlando FL